Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Audi A8 Quattro: How do you reprogram the TCM in an Audi A8---mine

How do you reprogram the TCM in an Audi A8---mine show exactly same sytoms--blank selector--OK cold for about a miloe --then limp/safe mode--think car was driven many miles in limp

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

You have been waiting an excessive amount on us techs to help you out, for that I am sorry. First off before I go into detail in an answer or an info request. I need to know, do you still need help? I realize you have been waiting a while and in some cases customers had to seek help elsewhere and or they solved the concern on there own. I and the website are sorry you had to wait, we do want to earn your business and have you log off with a great experience.

You are more than welcome to relist if you would like, do realize if you relist this will delay me replying to you even more. Also let me know your skill level so I can tailor my response to fit your needs. I work the evening shift, so that is when I will respond.

Thanks Chris.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Yes I still need help-----as to level of skill---pretty good skills. Have rebuilt motors for racing. Have a well stocked garage including a hoist. Problem update---after clearing trans codes (4). Car stall when put in any gear forward or reverse--- think convertor locked up. Believe there is a special valve in the valve body for that----still may be the TCM but now think it may be a valve body issue Planning to pull trans pan soon unless you think it is the TCM. At high mileage 165k tans filter and fluid will need changing anyway

I believe you are going to find the line pressure low from internal seal leaks or the torque converter modulator valves possibly sticking or binding allowing the converter clutch to engage and stall the engine.

Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris