Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Audi A6 Quattro: I have an audi a6 quatro 3.0 2003 One

I have an audi a6 quatro 3.0 2003

One of my linkage arms on my wipers broke so i removed the wiper motor to replace the arm

When I plugged the motor back in something isnt working correctly

the wipers work for 10seconds and then stall for 30seconds and repeat

everything was working fine before I unplugged the motor

Also when I start my car the wipers come on for 10 seconds regardless wether they are on or not

I had a mechanic look at it and he thought it was the relay but that didnt fix anything

Do you know what the problem could be?

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

You have been waiting an excessive amount on us techs to help you out, for that I am sorry. First off before I go into detail in an answer or an info request. I need to know, do you still need help? I realize you have been waiting a while and in some cases customers had to seek help elsewhere and or they solved the concern on there own. I and the website are sorry you had to wait, we do want to earn your business and have you log off with a great experience.

You are more than welcome to relist if you would like, do realize if you relist this will delay me replying to you even more. Also let me know your skill level so I can tailor my response to fit your needs. I work the evening shift, so that is when I will respond.

Thanks Chris.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes I still need help

I am going to bed now though I will check your response when I get up

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Since the wiper/washer intermittent relay, micro central electronic panel has been replaced and the concern is still there. This only leaves the wiper switch on the steering column to blame.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

micro central electronic panel is this the relay ?

Is there any reason that me unplugging the motor would cause this problem ?

Because before I unplugged it to replace the linkage arm it worked fine

Yes the micro central electronic panel is the relay module for the wipers. Often unplugging a motor will result in alignment or adjustment issues that are correctable but not what you have experienced, so I believe it is just a coincidence.

Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris