Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Audi A4: I have an 02 Audi a4 b6 3.0 and the tail lights blink

I have an 02 Audi a4 b6 3.0 and the tail lights blink when the lights are turned on. Anything I can do?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 9 months ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

You have been waiting an excessive amount on us techs to help you out, for that I am sorry. First off before I go into detail in an answer or an info request. I need to know, do you still need help? I realize you have been waiting a while and in some cases customers had to seek help elsewhere and or they solved the concern on there own. I and the website are sorry you had to wait, we do want to earn your business and have you log off with a great experience.

You are more than welcome to relist if you would like, do realize if you relist this will delay me replying to you even more. Also let me know your skill level so I can tailor my response to fit your needs. I work the evening shift, so that is when I will respond.

Thanks Chris.

>

>

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

No one else has been able to help so I'm starting to think its a wiring problem but I wouldn't know where to go with that so help is still appreciated

Are they flashing like a short is there, or are they flashing like a blinker would?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Like hazards would but longer intervals

Are these the rear parking lights or rear brake lights flashing?

If an assistant applies the brakes while this is occurring does it stop?

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Rear parking lights and no if the brake is pressed or not as long as my lights are on they flash.

This is going to be a faulty vehicle electrical systems control module behind the left side of the dash below the 9 pin relay carrier.

Customer: replied 9 months ago.

Could I buy a new one and replace myself? If so where and how much?

I show it requires programming so that means a diagnostic tool is needed. If you do not have one then you must let a shop handle this repair.

Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience: 16 years of experience
Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris
.
.