FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL
1627031

Audi A6: Supposedly I need my camshaft sensors changed. I have

Supposedly I need my camshaft sensors changed. I have an audi A6 3.2 2005.
what is the pricing on that and does the technician need to remove the engine
to replace them?

FIXITMAN :

Hello, my name isXXXXX appreciate you taking the time to ask a question about your car. If the problem is simply the camshaft position sensors than those are not a huge deal to replace. The time it would take to replace both of them is about 1.5 hours. The sensors themselves should run about $50 each. If the problem is the cam actuators or solenoids then that will be quite a bit pricier. If you need more help let me know.

Customer:

Does he need to remove the engine to replace them? I was told that it was 250 each and he worked on volks and audi only. My particular car the a6 3.2 2005, that was the main problem with them , and it just got fixed in 2008. Is this true?

Customer:

Hi The mechanic now says its cam chain tensioners, I need 2.. whats the cost of those and labor usually.

Customer:

Im still waiting for you to respond =)

FIXITMAN :

Sorry. I just came online. If it was the sensors then they would not need to remove the engine and it would not cost that much for them. If he is now changing the story and saying that you need the tensioners than that is another story. You still do not need to remove the engine but the front end of the vehicle needs to be taken apart. It calls for about 8-10 hours woorth of work and the parts are around $200-300.

Customer:

Ohhh.. he wants to remove the engine to put these in, although I dont want him to. Thank you for your patience and help.

Customer:

Is there any way I can contact you if I have anymore questions, or submit is the drawing line? lol

FIXITMAN :

Yes, even after you rate you can continue to come back to our post and we can continue. I would be more than willing to continue with you until you are taken care of and your car is back on the road.

Customer:

yippie .

Customer:

thank you again. I wanted to double check before I shell out.. best . Camille