Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Audi TT Quattro: My wife has a 2002 Audi TT. We changed out

My wife has a 2002 Audi TT. We changed out her tires (at an Audi dealer) about 20000 miles ago. Someone called to here attention today that her right rear tire is completely (and I'm talking slick) bald. The other tires range in wear from 40-50%. Could this be an alignment issue? It sure seems extreme but I noticed on here that there are others that have experienced the same issue. Any help would be most appreciated.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. Is it evenly worn or just on the edges? When driving do you hear any clunks? Thanks.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

yes she just started noticing a clunk in that area..(she just now mentioned this to me)

If it was only a alignment problem you wouldn't hear a clunk. The fact she hears a clunk indicators there is a worn suspension/steering component, likely a ball joint of control arm bushing. Your looking at around a $400 job depending on what the problem is. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thank you...400 I can handle...

Dan,

I've driven Audi's for a long time. I put 260,000 on my 2002 A6 CVT.

What brand of tires would you recommend for her car. We've used Bridgestone tires for ever but they aren't very quiet and seem to always wear poorly. Any thoughts?

I haven't worked anywhere that sells enough tires to really give good recommendations. On my vehicles I'm not too picky, I often buy hankook. If you seem to be going through tires often I'd buy them from walmart and get the 80k tread warranty. Let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.