Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. imports and domestic, former shop owner
2947720

Audi A4: The other day i went to check the oil on the car and

The other day i went to check the oil on the car and when I pulled the oil dipstick, the plastic broke off. I was able to put it back in, but it wasn't "sealed". I ordered a new one.

The check-engine light then started to come on. Since then I've replaced the oil dipstick, but the light never turned off. The other day the ESP light also came on (so both CEL and ESP where on), but today it's just the CEL light. I was able to check the codes today and got P0171 and P0101.

I don't think it has anything to do with the oil dipstick being missing a few days (right??). Do you have any idea at what I should start looking at? I cleared the codes and will wait to see if it comes back.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you today.
.

I would say that the codes won't comebck. The P0171 is a lean code, (vacuum leak) which is most likely from the dipstick not being sealed up. The PCV system is a vacuum system and with the dipstick not sealed it will set both codes. The P0101 is a volume airflow code as well.
.

graphic
.

As long as there are no vacuum leaks and the engine is running good just drive through a cycle and see that the lights stay off.
.

If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

.

Thanks

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Jerry here. I was just wondering how your vehicle was and wanted to see if you may need anything further on it.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That was it. I reset it and the light hasn't come on for days. I

Thanks!

Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.

Your welcome and come again, anytime, thanks

.

.

Please don’t forget to rate the answer, if you need any more on it, I will be here.

Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience: ASE Master, 30+ years exp. imports and domestic, former shop owner
Expert:  Jerry replied 1 year ago.
Hello Elio, Jerry here. I just wanted to thank you if you did rate the answer and if not, ask why and is there anything further I can do for you.