Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Master, 30+ years exp. imports and domestic, former shop owner

Audi A4: hi jerry I have an audi a4 1.8 t sport, and the airbag

hi jerry I have an audi a4 1.8 t sport, and the airbag light is on and it is due its mot very soon. what could be wrong with it. someone said it cud be the connection under the seat, but I had it plugged in and the ecu showed up, not the airbag what is this and how can I fix it. Thank you
Category: Audi
Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is XXXXX XXXXX X will be happy to assist you today.
.

What code, (number) does it have in it?
.

Customer: replied 6 months ago.

I don't know jerry sorry. ive forgot

Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
There are many areas in the air bag system that will make the light come on. You will want to have the codes read to see what area the problem is in. Then we will have more of an idea as to where the problem actually is Vicki.
.
Thanks
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

it showed up the ecu-something to do with the excelorater sensor?

Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
That won't normaly make the air bag light stay on, (Lateral Accelerometer Sensor).
.

Not sure what it is that you plan to accomplish by asking the question. Did you want a guess at what the problem may be?
.

Without any specific code(s) it would really be a shot in the dark.

.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

well, I just wondered if you could help me that's all. I need to find the problem so the light will go off, then it will pass its mot. I can get the code what showed but not at the moment as I don't know it.

Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
Ok, Vicki, anytime that you can get it that will help, (sorry we don't want to just guess) and we will get you fixed up in time for the MOT, (hopefully) Laughing
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

ok thank you. so what happens now then? I got go get the kids in a min too

Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
No problem Vicki, you can just log back in anytime after you get the codes read.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

hi jerry, im back. its 65535

Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
Oh..sorry to say Vicki but that code is internal of the control module.
.

graphic
.

If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.

.

Thanks

Jerry, Master Mechanic
Experience: ASE Master, 30+ years exp. imports and domestic, former shop owner
Customer: replied 6 months ago.

hi jerry, thanx for that, much appreciated. Will rate you in a min, thanx again x

Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.

Your welcome and come again, anytime, thanks

.

Expert:  Jerry replied 6 months ago.
Hello, Jerry here. I was just wondering how your vehicle was and wanted to see if you may need anything further on it.