Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Experience:  Senior Audi Master Tech 15 yrs

Audi TT - 3.2 Roadster Quattro: I have a 2008 Audi TT Roadster,

I have a 2008 Audi TT Roadster, looking to replace my interior map lights with LED's.
Question: How in the heck do I get at the bulbs in the first place?
The 2008 Audi TT has twin map / interior lights in a centre type console above the front windshield. The little light covers don't appear to come off, as it would appear that the entire centre console that holds both the lights and switches must come out?
together in one component?

Secondly, what type of LED lights can I replace the OEM lights with that won't set off any dash warning ?

Eurocar Inc : Hello there! I'm Eurocar ! I will try to assist you as much as I can. Can you provide me your vin # XXXXX I can look up the factory procedure for this?
Eurocar Inc : thanks

My 2008 Audi TT - 3.2 Roadster Quattro is a USA model, (although now in Toronto Ontario Canada),

Eurocar Inc :

Full Size Image

Eurocar Inc :

Front Interior Lamp/Reading Lamp

Special tools and workshop equipment required

t Trim Removal Wedge -3409-

Carefully pry off interior/reading light -1- out of roof cutout -arrow- using Trim Removal Wedge -3409-.

Unplug connectors.

Install in reverse order of removal. Note the following:

Insert interior/reading light into roof cutout and clip.

Thank you MUCH!

My second question,, Can these OEM bulbs be replaced with LED lights without setting off the computer and dash warning light display?

Eurocar Inc : There should be no warning display but keep in mind that depends on the led it may not work