Roman
Roman, Technician
Experience:  over 20 years vw audi and porsche technical repair

Audi A6 3.0: Roman, Can i access the speed sensor at the

Roman,

Can i access the speed sensor at the bell housing from the engine compartment or underneath the car...I am having trouble finding the end of the sensor...I see the heat shield, and but I don't see beige, I see black, grey, blue and red in that order.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Roman replied 10 months ago.
Hello ,
Here to answer automotive questions and make you feel comfortable and become familiar with your product

Which one?

Engine speed sensor or transmission speed sensor?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

engine speed sensor

Expert:  Roman replied 10 months ago.

G28Audi speed sensor or crank position sensor G28 is on the left side of the transmission.

You will see the axle flange with a wire connector, this is NOT it. Next to this one in the transmission bell housing is the G28 engine speed sensor.

BROWN - 02 sensor

GREy - speed sensor

GREen - Knock sensor

Black - 02 sensor RED ???? are you sure there is a red connector?

Expert:  Roman replied 10 months ago.

speed sensor

speed sensor

Customer: replied 10 months ago.

i cant open that file

Expert:  Roman replied 10 months ago.
try now
Expert:  replied 10 months ago.
you can get to the connector from above and remove the sensor from under the car
Roman, Technician
Experience: over 20 years vw audi and porsche technical repair
Customer: replied 10 months ago.

I was able to do nothing more than remove the screw that holds the sensor to the tranny bell housing...I must have thicker arms than most, I just couldn't get my hand in there enough to pull out the sensor. I didn't bother removing the top clip near the firewall...I just put it all back together, and I guess I'm going to have to pay someone with much smaller hands and forearms to do the job...thanks for your help...Who ever says this is an easy job has abnormally long and skinny forearms, extremely small but strong hands and is able to see through metal while they're working....

Expert:  Roman replied 10 months ago.
Yup, I do that everyday.

It's tight and I have skinny arms!

I can see with my hands.