Roman
Roman, Technician
Experience:  over 20 years vw audi and porsche technical repair
35071616

Audi A6 Quattro: Hi I have an 01 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro with

Hi I have an 01 Audi A6 2.7T Quattro with tiptronic transmission and when I start it engine runs fine I shift into gear- I almost have no reverse and drive all the way through the rest of the gear selector it is slow to move, I do have movement afraid to mess it up moving it or getting stranded. I am throwing p0732 code gear 2 incorrect ratio and another p0732 code I believe it was incorrect gear ratio. Could you help with this code and I do not have any way of testing transmission level, unless you tell me what is needed. Thanks
Hello ,
Here to answer automotive questions and make you feel comfortable and become familiar with your product

17116/P0732 - Gear 2: Incorrect Ratio

Possible Causes

• Wiring and/or connections faulty
  • Sensor Gear Position Indicator faulty
  • Gear Solenoids faulty
  • Mechanical failure

Possible Solutions

• Check wiring and connections
  • Check Sensor Gear Position Indicator
  • Check Gear Solenoids

There may be internal failure with the valve body. The dealer has certain technical bullitins that adress this particular fault and replace the transmission valve body or transmission control module depending on the information contained on the TSB and the VIN of the vehicle. I recommend going to the dealer for repair as they would have the most up to date and correct repair information. An outside shop can do the work cheaper but the dealer will know the diagnosis right away.