Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Audi R8 V10: Hello, Is there any difference between the

Is there any difference between the LED headlights for an Audi 2010 R8 V10 ans a 2011 R8 V10? They have the same part number with the exception of a suffex letter, and they certainly look identicle. I am trying to replace just the broken lenses by using empty housings and the original bulbs, ballasts, etc. When i took off the side covers in the boot I noticed the different letter at the end ofb the serial numbers and I became concerned about fitment. Can I proceed, or will I have trouble with the fit?
The existing lights are Part # XXXXX 941 004 M Right Side (Left is OO3 M)
The Replacements Part # XXXXX XXXXX 941 004 Q Right Side (Left 003 Q)
Thanks,
Tim
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 11 months ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

Yes they will work, the suffix number is XXXXX the production run. For example if they made 4000 lights then starting making something different then Audi placed another order for lights, the molding company will change the suffix like a batch number. So in the event there is a recall they know which batch or lot was faulty.

Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience: 16 years of experience
Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris
.
.