eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase mechanic
6149662

Audi TT Quattro v6 DSG: Emmissions system light

Hi. My emmissions system light came on the other day on my 2003 Audi TT Quattro. I've taken it to the garage and they put it through the diagnostics and came out with a P0430 error and have recommended replacing the catalytic convertor. I'm not sure whether this is right myself. I've driven the car a little since (been about a week since I took it in) and it all seems to be running fine. The engine light has stayed off. I've only had the car myself just over a month and it went for a full diagnostic check at a specialist I can rely on about 2 weeks after I bought it and they gave it a completely clean bill of health. Am I right in thinking that if the car failed the MOT emmissions test then that would be a good indicator that the catalytic convertor is the problem? I'm tempted to spend a few quid on an early MOT if that is the case before I spend over a grand on the new catalytic convertor

Category: Audi
Expert:  eauto replied 11 months ago.
Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. How long has the stayed off?

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto
Customer: replied 11 months ago.

Light has been off now for over a week. I've driven the car about 90 miles in that time on 6 - 8 separate journeys

Expert:  eauto replied 11 months ago.

The code is related to catalytic converter efficiency which is being monitored by the rear oxygen sensor. If there are no other codes if the P0430 is still on with no other supporting codes, then the converter is the faulty part here. I would run it and see if the light comes back on. If you have no power loss its not a urgent repair

eauto, The Car Guy
Experience: ase mechanic