Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Audi Q7: took the Q7 in for work and they said it needed new

took the Q7 in for work and they said it needed new firmware. They did the upgrade and everything appeared fine. They did say the battery would need replaced but would be good until the next service. After driving for a couple of days we turned off the AC and drove with the windows down. The AC would not turn back on at all after that. The bluetooth stopped working and would not sync back up to the phone that it had been synced o since we bought the vehicle. We called Audi and the comment was that it sounded like the battery. OK..didnt believe it but we went ahead and replaced the battery. Did this ourselves as it is not very difficult. Read a few forums and similar problems just needed a computer reset accomplished by disconnecting neg terminal to the battery for 30 minutes then hooking it back up and turning the vehicle on. Did not work. What else can I do to get the air to come back on. (not just cold..the fans and all do not come on) this is on a 2009 Q7 TDI.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

This is an info request, it is not an answer. This is a generic response, I send out to customers that have been waiting an excessive amount on us techs to help them (you) out. First off before I go into detail in an answer or an info request. I need to know, do you still need help? I realize you have been waiting a while and in some cases customers had to seek help elsewhere and or they solved the concern on there own. I and the website are sorry you had to wait, we do want to earn your business and have you log off with a great experience.

If you still need help, please make sure you included the year, make, model, trim level, and engine liter size. Also please let me know of any repairs or diagnostic steps you have done so far. Also let me know your skill level so I can tailor my response to fit your needs.

I work the evening shift, so that is when I will respond, I have to address all waiters in order, so there may be some delay in my responses, but I promise I will do my best to help in a timely matter. Please do not relist, since that will remove you from my waiter list and I will have no clue you still need help.

Thanks Chris.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Tks Chris,

Yes I do want a reply. I am obviously asking everyone that I can think of and would value your advise as well.

My wife has a 2009 Q7 TDI .... I believe it is a Premium edition but I honestly don't remember what I bought. I can look tonight when I get home.

As far as what has been done to this point. We removed the seat and replaced the battery. Left the battery disconnected for over 30 minutes (both pos and neg for the amount of time to swap them over and left the pos unattached for 30 beyond that). During the time it was disconnected we put the key to the on position to help the drain of any capacitors or whatever else in there that might hold a charge. Then we connected it back up and turned the car on. Still no change. I went to the console display and did a factory reset for the MMI as a last hope and there is no change.

As far as my skill set.. I can turn a mechanic.. I am good with computers and work with firmware changes on devices everyday. Can handle most stuff electrical with direction..

tks for your help..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Update... My son was driving it and called and said that when he put the car in reverse the ac shut on. When he put it in drive it shut off. He put it back in reverse to see if it was a fluke and it turned on but this time stayed on when he went to drive. I need to see if all the other functions are back like bluetooth and seat configuration memory. Is there a reset that putting it in reverse might have triggered?

Shifting to drive and reverse will not cause a rest and resolve the AC issue, it was just a coincidence. When the AC failed was the climate control screen also blank?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

no it was not blank. everything looked like it was working but just no air was being pushed.

I am confused, you stated the screen was blank but its also looked like it was working correct?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

lol... the message read "no it was not blank".. no biggie kinda funny though... when the fan screen would come up I could change the speed level of the fan as the screen would read but the actual fan would not start. The weird part is it appears to be still working.. I messed enough with computers and systems that I know this isn't done yet so I would like to find the cause if possible and also would like to know how to reset to get the computer to "reboot"

Been a long day, I guess.

SO far it looks like your blower control module is to blame since its is showing to be commanded but not providing power or ground to the blower. The concern has to be diagnosed when faulty or we will not be able to figure this out. When not working we need to verify the power and ground to the control module are good. Use the below diagrams.

The only way to do a DIY reset is with a negative battery cable removal for 10 minutes. A reflash or update must be performed with a dealer level scan tool.

Hello again Chris here.

It has been a few days, so I am just checking in with you to see if you still need help with the concern we worked on, and if not to say Thanks.

Also note we have about 80 categories from medical to boats to small engines to legal to whatever you can think of. If you have any other questions give us a shot with another question.

Thanks Chris