Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Audi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

Audi A6 Quattro: rear brake calipers cant be pushed back?

rear brake calipers can't be pushed back? how do i do it? is it screwed in? c clamps doesn't seem to work
Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.
These calipers are screw in calipers. While the piston of the caliper is being turned you have to push at the same time.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

how hard do i push.. seems stuck it turns but it stays the same no matter how hard i push is there a tool that turns and also pushes ?

It has to be pushed hard and they can be stubborn. You can go to autozone and rent a brake caliper tool kit that makes this job easy. When you return the tool they will give you the Money back.