Mike, Technician
Experience:  Technican - Business owner and Diagnostics for 34 years +..
9261905

Audi A4 Quattro: Audi a4 burning oil(a pint every 200 miles)

Customer Question

Audi a4 burning oil(a pint every 200 miles) dealer is going 2 do rings and pistons, I have been waiting 3 months for appointment, is this situation going 2 lead 2 other problems and should I ask dealer 2 check any other parts 4 damage that this might of caused??
Category: Audi
Expert:  Mike replied 1 year ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help / advise you on this.

This Im afraid is not an uncommon issue with some of these - Quite why one is not really 100% sure but the issue ends up being that that the pistons and rings originally fitted were not up to the job for longevity so when they come across customers / owners that complain of this issue they will do as they are planning with yours.

This is completely normal procedure to cure the oil usage problem and there are no other issues or anything to worry about. There is nothing that can be "caused" damage wise as you mention - again, nothing to worry about.

When they get the job done for you you will be happy again that all is well for sure.

So its worth doing that -Let me know how you go - and of course, any other issues at all let me know.

Best Rgds - MIKE.

.................. Please do click on the OK / Excellent ratings button for me now - as thats how Im credited for helping you - Thank you in advance for that.

You can get back to me anytime you might need too after that - you are always welcome.

Rgds - MIKE...
Mike, Technician
Experience: Technican - Business owner and Diagnostics for 34 years +..
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told not 2 drive the car as well as the catalytic converter could b an issue??this came from an Audi mechanic ..