Hello again -
This is MIKE once again.
As you have waited already some time - I decided to give you the info right now so that you have it with no further waiting.
This is to change the drivers drive axle on the front of your Audi A4 Quattro Avant 2.8 - 2001 model.Removing
- Remove wheel trim.
On light-alloy wheels use puller in vehicle tool kit to remove trim cap
- Remove collar bolt for drive axle.WARNING: The vehicle must be standing on its wheels when loosening or tightening the collar bolt for the drive axle. Otherwise the risk of an accident exists.
- Remove wheel.
- Remove socket-head bolts -1- and disconnect drive axle from drive flange on transmission.
- Remove ABS wheel speed sensor wiring from retainer on brake caliper (arrow).
- Pull ABS wheel speed sensor out from wheel bearing housing slightly.
See this pic HERE
to go with these instructs...
- Remove nut -1-, remove bolt and disconnect both links -2- upward.CAUTION: Do not use a chisel (or similar) to widen the slots in the wheel bearing housing.
Do not loosen bolts -3- and -4-. Otherwise, the wheel alignment must be checked.
- Swing wheel bearing housing aside in direction of arrow.
- Remove drive axle.Installing
- Install drive axle into wheel bearing housing and bolt it to drive flange on transmission.
- Install both upper links and tighten nut to 40 Nm (30 ft lbs)
When tightening, press upper links downward as far as possible.
- Fully tighten bolts connecting drive axle to drive flange on transmission.
M8 bolts: 40 Nm (30 ft lbs)
M10 bolts: 80 Nm (59 ft lbs)
- Push ABS wheel speed sensor into wheel bearing housing up to stop and insert sensor wiring into retainer on brake caliper.
- Install wheel.
- Install and tighten new bolt for drive axle.
M14 bolt: 115 Nm (85 ft lbs) + 1/2-turn (180°)
M16 bolt: 190 Nm (140 ft lbs) + 1/2-turn (180°) WARNING: The vehicle must be standing on its wheels when loosening or tightening the collar bolt for the drive axle otherwise the risk of an accident exists.
Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -
You need now to click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..
Best Rgds, MIKE.
Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.