Mike, Technician
Experience:  Technican - Business owner and Diagnostics for 34 years +..
9261905

Audi A6 Quattro: I recently bought a used Audi 2012 A6 quattro.

I recently bought a used Audi 2012 A6 quattro. It is a great car. Just realized that the advanced key does NOT allow me to unlock the door by touching the handle (and the trunk) or lock the doors by touching the square outline on the door handle. How can I fix that?
Hello and Welcome to justanswer...

My name is XXXXX XXXXX

There are relevant instructions in the Owners manual re the keys and how they work - if you haven't checked on that - please do so- as its easier for you to work through with your book in hand.

If you have done that - then there is a fault that needs plug in diagnostic equipment on the car... This will either reprogram the key / system - or highlight a fault with the key that may then need to be replaced - but that is the way forward / ways forward on this one now for you to get this sorted. You would need a suitably equipped garage / shop or Audi dealer for the diagnostic work if needed.

Im very glad to have helped..let me know if there is ever anything else - you are welcome anytime -

Can I just ask you to click on the "OK / Excellent ratings" for me now please as thats how Im credited for my time etc helping you .. Thank you in advance for that .

All the best - MIKE,.