AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Audi A4: hello, I have Audi A4 2002 1.8T that the check engine

hello, I have Audi A4 2002 1.8T that the check engine light come on and off and the sometimes the vehicle turns off. At times has to crank a couple of time before the car turns on, the following codes are (17700-Map controlled engine cooling thermostat (F265) open circuit P1292 no signal communication intermittent)(17887 brake boost vacuum system mechanical malfunction P1479 not plausible signal)(16706- engine rpm-sensor-G28 No signal P0322 no signal/ no communication)(16395 bank 1 camshaft A (intake) retard set point not reached (0ver advanced))(P011 lower reached intermittent)

AudiDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

AudiDoc :

Ok, you've got yourself a pretty decent mess of codes there, and they're not all related to one single failure

AudiDoc :

The engine dying is going to be related to a faulty crankshaft position sensor

AudiDoc :

Then for the other codes:

AudiDoc :

P1292: replace the thermostat assembly

AudiDoc :

P0011: check belt condition. If the timing belt was done recently, then it's off a tooth. If there is any sort of chatter noise on cold start or at idle, check the chain drive at the back of the head

AudiDoc :

Make sure the tensioner is not collapsed

AudiDoc :

Essentially, make sure all base cam timing is set properly

AudiDoc :

But for the dying problem, replace the crank sensor