AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Audi A4 Quattro: i have a 2004 audi A4 3.0 quattro with a manual

i have a 2004 audi A4 3.0 quattro with a manual transmission. The shift knob is in excellent condition but the plastic piece with the gear numbers detached from the metal face underneath. What should i use to fix it? I thought about super glue but i don't want the car to smell like glue forever
Category: Audi
Expert:  AudiDoc replied 1 year ago.

AudiDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

AudiDoc :

Ok, so just the round insert has detached?

Customer:

yes thats correct

Customer:

like i said everything is in great condition

Customer:

it looks brand new but it just detached

AudiDoc :

Pretty common, but I tend to use a 2-part epoxy instead. You'll have a smell for a couple of days, but it does go away

Customer:

do you recommend a specific brand or type

AudiDoc :

Locktite if you can find it. I believe Advance carries it

Customer:

also dont know if you can do this but i had one other unrelated question

AudiDoc :

you won't need a lot

AudiDoc :

and yes, feel free, as this is your first visit

AudiDoc :

and the first question was an easy one :-)

AudiDoc :

(I'm expecting a catalytic converter question)

Customer:

haha, yeah. Well i bought this car today and there are a few thing i need to fix. I already ordered the parts. One is the right side glove box hinge is busted

Customer:

i think i found what i need to get the glove box down and hte door off

Customer:

but i havent seen much on how to move the latch and lock from the original door to the new door

AudiDoc :

Hmmmm, trying to remember as I don't have one of these right in front of me. Can you give me a few moments?

Customer:

sure

AudiDoc :

I have no documentation on this, although the labor time is literally 0.2 hours, which means that once you get the door off, it should be quite apparent. Still looking for pictures though

Customer:

oh okay, another easy one. do american versions have a right rear fog light? i have read conflicting things on message boards

AudiDoc :

Yours should, but not all do. Pull the light switch to the second detent, and you should see it.

AudiDoc :

My 02 Allroad has it, but my 01 TT does not

AudiDoc :

And my 98 A4 does not

Customer:

oh okay i see. the light is out so ill just pull it and check it out

Customer:

i think that is good for now. Thanks for your help. I kind of figured the glove box door wouldnt be that complicated so im sure ill be able to figure it out. Thanks again

AudiDoc :

Glad to help and please ask for me in the future. I'm quite familiar with these

Customer:

10-4 will do

AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience: I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop