Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Audi A6 Quattro: 1999 Audi A6 Quattro, How to Remove/Install

1999 Audi A6 Quattro, How to Remove/Install Drivers Seat?

Welcome to JustAnswer, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. Here are replacement instructions for the front seat, let me know if you have more questions or if there is anything else I can do to help. Thanks.

-

http://db.tt/OBJBQ6pS

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

VAS 5068, what is the Red airbag connector from seat to "appropriate connector"? What is the appropriate connector?

VAS 5068 would connect to the airbag connector on seat. I wouldn't worry about that part, it should be fine. Otherwise here is a website that sells the connector. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks Lewis.

-

http://vw.snapon.com/ItemToolsList.aspx?groupId=10

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

What do you mean, "I wouldn't worry about that part, it should be fine"?

I have never used the connector and never had problems, most manufactures do not recommend these type of connectors it is just something Audi does to go the extra mile with precautions. Using the connector is definitely better but if you do not want to spend $60 on connector the chances of airbag going off are very slim. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.