Mike, Technician
Experience:  Technican - Business owner and Diagnostics for 34 years +..

Audi A6 Quattro Avant: If I give you my VIN, can you tell me

If I give you my VIN, can you tell me what model of Symphony radio is in my car? I need a new radio but don't have tools to yank the old one out. The new radio comes with tools so I don't want to buy tools to take the radio out when I'll get tools with the new radio.

Thanks.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.
Hello, my name is XXXXX XXXXX I'm here to help get your problem solved. What is your vin? I'll see if I have this info. Thanks.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I hope this is it. I can't read my writing! If you can't find anything on it, I'll run outside and double-check.

WAULH24BIYN095032
Expert:  Dan replied 11 months ago.
That is a valid vin but I cannot find any info on stereo. I'll open question back up, I'm sure someone else will be able to help. Do not reply or question will be locked to me only. Thanks.
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Hello and Welcome to justanswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX Im happy to help you with this....

There were several slightly different types of these - Im afraid the VIN doesnt help - but let me help another way...

Take a look at the link / image I have uploaded for you HERE - click on it... whichever type / version of Symphony it is, that will help you - as they are all virtually the same. ie - if yours doesn't have the slots for the removal keys ( you can get the keys real cheap of e bay etc )... then look very closely at the edges of the set and you will see the cut outs - where the keys slot in..

If you have any problems let me know but that should help you with it.

Let me know if you need anything more on this at all -

Meantime -- Please click on the OK rating to Excellent ratings service for me now, Thank you for that... and you can get back to me anytime if you need / wish..

Best Rgds, MIKE.

Please note, you are rating the content of my "answer" - my help to you - not the "system" which can experience delays etc which are not under my personal control -or delays caused by "time -off" which we all have on occasion - Thank you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I'm sorry. I'm not sure what you're asking me. I saw the image and I have 4 slots for the removal tool. Here's a picture of the radio - http://i1299.photobucket.com/albums/ag63/harperville/ScreenShot2013-08-16at23246PM_zps759af5d8.png. I'm trying to purchase one of these, I think - 4B0035195A. That's my question - if the front of my radio looks like that and I get another radio with the same front, is it possible that it won't be a drop-in replacment? They charge a 20% restocking fee. I just want a drop-in replacement.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Any response on this? You around?
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Hi again..

My apologies - I must have just missed your reply after which I was off this weekend..

Ok yes - the slots you see- in the four corner areas - as per what I mentioned in my reply to you -are what you use to get the unit out. Any such replacement will fit physically yes - and even if the slots / extraction type fittings are different , it doesn't matter - it would still physically fit ok...

I hope that helps you further - once again, my sincere apologies for just missing you , that was pure unfortunate - Im not often off at weekends..! ;)

Best Rgds - MIKE.

............ Please dont forget to click on the OK / Excellent ratings for me at this time - Thank you in advance for that -

Nb. you can get back to me anytime you might need further on this-clicking the OK ratings does not close you out -

Kind Rgds - MIKE.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thanks for getting back to me. My question is this: if the front is the same, does it mean the connectors on the back will be the same? Or, did Audi, in all their infiinte wisdom, make radios that look the same on the front but with different connectors (wiring harness) on the back? I am not sure how the conversation moved to the slots on the front. Physically, the radio I am thinking on purchasing looks *exactly* like mine, double DIN, same controls, everything. I just don't know what the rear of mine looks like because I don't have the tools.
Expert:  Mike replied 11 months ago.
Hi there..

Im sorry I misunderstood... the conversation was on the lines of the slots - because in your original question you were asking how it came out - or so I thought... !.. But anyway, Yes - if the front is the same, the connectors will be the same..same model / same connectors. ;)

Sorry again for any misunderstanding ..

Best Rgds, MIKE..

Kind Rgds - MIKE.

Mike, Technician
Experience: Technican - Business owner and Diagnostics for 34 years +..