Roman, Technician
Experience:  over 20 years vw audi and porsche technical repair

Audi A4: I have a 2004 audi a4 and the headlights wont work.

I have a 2004 audi a4 and the headlights wont work. The bulbs are good. What do I do?
Hello ,
Here to answer automotive questions and make you feel comfortable and become familiar with your product.

Both headlights are out?

Are both hi and lo beams out or only 1?

Can you get the faults logged and list them here for evaluation?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My daughter took the car to the store so it will be awhile for your answer. I want to make sure I give you the correct information. I believe the hi beams are working on both headlights.

Ok check when she gets back so we can both be sure and I can give a clear answer
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ok, I replaced the passenger side headlight because the right was working. when I did that they both stopped working but the hi beams worked. I just checked them and now the driver side is working again but now the front driver blinker is not. both headlights work on hi.

faults say front left turn signal is burnt out...which it may be.

rt headlight is burnt but it's not but it does say defective headlight bulb in the fault.

check the connections and make sure that they are secure. You have either the incorrect bulb or loose connection