Roman
Roman, Technician
Experience:  over 20 years vw audi and porsche technical repair
35071616

Audi 100 cs quatro: My wifes 93/94 Audi 100 cs had the serpenti

My wife's 93/94 Audi 100 cs had the serpentine belt break. So I pushed the car off the road in nuetral then replaced the belt. I charged the battery. Now the engine spines over fin but it will not start. There were no issues before the belt break and there is no damage to anything from the belt. Does this car have some kinda fuel pump safty switch becouse I pushed it in nuetral and if so where is it? Thanks for any help
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

1) This is not an answer nor a direct info request to your concern.
2) First off I am checking to see if you have already resolved your concern.

3) If you do still need help, if there is anything more you think would help me answer your question, please reply with that info.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have decided to pass. I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I work on this site only in the evening hours 7 days a week. I am online normally from 3-midnight. At the latest you should get a response from me prior to 9pm TN time.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

Chris

>

>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Sorry, I guess my question is: What would cause my 93/94 audi quattro 100 cs to turn over but not start, after the belt broke and was replaced. Also the car wash pushed in neutral to get it off the road. It has fuel and battery is charged. the car was running fine before the belt snapped.

Expert:  Roman replied 1 year ago.
Hello ,
Here to answer automotive questions and make you feel comfortable and become familiar with your product.

the timing belt broke?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No it was the serpentine belt that broke but it looks like pieces of the broken belt got into the to wing belt and slightly screwed up the timeing. I was told that I need to line up the crank shaft arrow and then aim the 2 big holes together on the cam shaft sprockets but I can't figure out how to loosen the timeing belt enough to turn the cam shaft sprockets so that the line up. Any ideas?
Expert:  Roman replied 1 year ago.
So the timing is off?

This is why it will not start...

What engine is in this car?
2.8v6?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes and yes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

how do you get enough tension off the belt to move the sprockets

Expert:  Roman replied 1 year ago.

you have to compress the damper. Which is impossible to do because it is a cylinder filled with oil and has a hole for the oil to bleed through. You must compress it slowly, so slow that it would take a very long time and you will probably give up on that. It better to replace it as it comes compressed wit a pin in it. You will tension the belt and pull the pin.

I will list the procedure to perform a timing belt job and you can read through it up to that point where it explains how to tension the belt. If you remove the tension to adjust the belt you have to properly re apply tension or the belt will slip off time.

Here is the link for the Timing belt repair

Expert:  Roman replied 1 year ago.

How is it going?

The link is the exact same procedure for your car except for the cam alignment tool.

You will need the one specific for your engine since you have the 2v valve and not the 5 valve.

Expert:  Roman replied 1 year ago.
3243 - Audi 90, A4, A6 1994-97
Engine: AFC - you need this one

and this one

T40001

Use this special puller to remove the camshaft
sprockets on a variety of VW and Audi camshafts.
Includes 17mm and 23mm pulling arms. Same as
#T40001. Replaces #3032.
VW & Audi Engines: AEB, AHA, AKB, ALH, APB,
APH, ART, ATC, ATQ, ATW, AUM, AUX, AUG,
AWD, AWM, AWN, AWP, AWV, AWW, AYS, BBD,

http://www.baumtools.com/pdf/VAG_Timing_flier.pdf

This link has all of the toold you need

Perhaps you can rent them locally or online

http://www.blauparts.com/

These guys might rent to you
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.
http://www.blauparts.com/proddetail.asp?prod=GH21110-B

This is specific for your car
Roman, Technician
Experience: over 20 years vw audi and porsche technical repair