Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Audi 100s: I have a 1994 Audi 100s. The engine stalls after

I have a 1994 Audi 100s. The engine stalls after hitting bumps. Electrical Short??? The battery is good and cables are connected tight with no corrosion.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

1) This is not an answer nor a direct info request to your concern.
2) First off I am checking to see if you have already resolved your concern.

3) If you do still need help, if there is anything more you think would help me answer your question, please reply with that info.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have decided to pass. I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I work on this site only in the evening hours 7 days a week. I am online normally from 3-midnight. At the latest you should get a response from me prior to 9pm TN time.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

Chris

>

>

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No problem is not resolved. Just purchsed the car a week ago for my kid. Of course buyer beware, did not see to have any problems. When he hits a large bump or pot hole that jults the car it will stall/lights out immediately. Not a slow stall; it stalls abruptly. Im thinking electrical??? Seems like if it were fuel it would chug before stalling, but I am not a mechanic.... Any known problems with these cars? What are some possible causes?

Did you check the other end of the cables not connected to the battery?

Does it restart easily with no problems?

No known issues come up during my search. The way to diagnose this is with the car running and moving the wire harnesses associated like the harness to the fuse boxes, computer, and ignition switch. See if wiggling them results in a any change what so ever to the engines running ability.