Roman
Roman, Technician
Experience:  over 20 years vw audi and porsche technical repair
35071616

Audi A8 Quattro L: 2005 Audi A8 - Radio plays but there is

2005 Audi A8 - Radio plays but there is no display. I have checked all the fuses I can find.
Category: Audi
Expert:  replied 1 year ago.

Roman :

It may be possible that the display has failed and the entire unit will need replacement.If you can still use the radio but not see what is on the display There is an internal failure in the display of the radio.

Customer:

Roman,

Customer:

Roman, Thanks, XXXXX XXXXX sent the unit out to a local company to have other work done, the display was working when we sent it out. and now doesn't work, they state that the display worked on their test center. I have tested voltage to the unit and the grounds as well. Any thoughts?

Roman :

It may have failed due to their fault or maybe not. If they say it worked when it left it is difficult to prove otherwise. I know that the display can not work but the unit still function. I am not sure if it can be replaced. That I have never tried on my own. At the dealer we replace the entire unit to avoid any future problems. Also it would be covered under warranty. Do you have any repair warranty for that from the place who did the repair? Can you ask them to check it to make sure? It would be good business for them to check it in my opinion.

Customer:

They do offer a warranty. Unfortunately it means shipping it back to them and the car is out of service for another 4-5 days. They will charge me again if they find no problem with it. Thanks for your help.

Roman :

well, it obviously is not working. I am sure that they will find a problem with it since the display does not illuminate.

Roman, Technician
Experience: over 20 years vw audi and porsche technical repair