Chris (aka - Moose)
Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Audi A4: 2000 audi a4 wont start turns over replaced fuel pump

2000 audi a4 wont start turns over replaced fuel pump fuel filter fuel pump relay getting fire can remove the fuel pump relay for about 45 minutes then put it back in starts up let set for 30 minutes go back and try to start it just turns over repeat the steps of taking the fuel pump relay out starts up fuel pressure good taken to several shops they cant figure it out any answer
Category: Audi
Expert:  Chris (aka - Moose) replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Chris. Thanks for visiting Just Answer.

1) This is not an answer nor a direct info request to your concern.
2) First off I am checking to see if you have already resolved your concern.

3) If you do still need help, if there is anything more you think would help me answer your question, please reply with that info.

I am sorry you have had to wait so long for the first contact. Sometimes this happens when the question you ask is not detailed enough or its just hard to address online. Many have viewed your post, but have decided to pass. I will do my best to help you. I have access to many repair sites, so at the least I can provide something to address at least part of your concern if it is not something I can address from memory and experience.

I work on this site only in the evening hours 7 days a week. I am online normally from 3-midnight. At the latest you should get a response from me prior to 9pm TN time.

Thanks for using our site, we will do all we can to earn your business, again sorry we did not get to you sooner.

Chris

>

>

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
While driving down the road the car would just cut off after sitting for a while it would start up

You mentioned the fuel pressure was good, was the fuel pressure checked while the car will not start?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Don't know that's what the two shops told me can her the fuel pump come on when the switch is on

Can you ask them come Monday. We need to know if the concern is in fact no fuel pressure to blame.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok
Thanks
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hi, Chris talk to the guy that worked on it. He said,with the car running or will not start it was getting fuel to the motor. Also said when the car would not start known of the sensor would work. When started all the sensor would work.

If none of the sensors are working, this means there getting no 5 volt reference voltage which comes from the PCM. This would mean the PCM is faulty.

Chris (aka - Moose), Technician
Experience: 16 years of experience