Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

I would like to know how to disable the blue tooth on a 2007

I would like to know how to disable the blue tooth on a 2007 A4 Quaatro because it is interfering with the after market radio installed?

Billy :

Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.

Billy :

Under the front passenger seat, there's an electronics box.

Billy :

you open the box, there is the telephone transceiver inside, and the bluetooth antenna. Remove or disconnect the bluetooth antenna, and you should no longer get any interference from this.

Billy :

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more assistance...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Billy :

Regards, Billy

Customer:

I tried disconnecting the antenna and also the whole box but then none of the steering wheel controls will work , is there some way to disable it without disconnecting so that other things keep working?

Billy :

You need to remove only the antenna, and it should work.

Billy :

The other way, is try to disable it from the MMi unit.

Billy :

Kindly get back to me with the results, or if further assistance is needed.

Billy :

Regards, Billy

Customer:

How do I disable it from the MMi unit? Thanks

Customer:

Is it possible to use a computer reprogrammer like the dealers have to disable it? Sorry for the delays in our communication , but I've been in and out tending to other matters I guess same for you

Billy :

Billy :

It is possible to disable bluetooth, using the dealer tool. Or the VCDS or VAGcom tools.

Billy :

From the MMi unit, if you have the right version (variant), as some of them do not have this option, you go to settings, bluetooth, and you disable.

Billy :

Get back to me with your findings (hopefully, it can be done from the MMi unit), or if further assistance is needed.

Billy :

Regards, Billy

Customer:

Thanks Billy