Roman
Roman, Technician
Experience:  over 20 years vw audi and porsche technical repair

Audi A6 3.0 Quattro: I have a 2002 A6 Quattro and the Oil Sensor

I have a 2002 A6 Quattro and the Oil Sensor warning light came on yesterday - the oil tem guage not moving Had local repair shop check my oil level (they had changed oil last week). They came back to me with this information Oil Level good - they somehow got sensor light to go off and when they did the gauge went up to 250. I thanked them and took the car. Minute I left the garage sensor light came back on and gauge line fell to left side lowest level.. What is wrong -Please help
Category: Audi
Expert:  replied 12 months ago.
Hello ,
Here to answer automotive questions and make you feel comfortable and become familiar with your product

There is a failed sensor in the bottom of the oil pan that needs replacing.It fails often and is relatively easy to replace. This is a dual guage that checks oil level, quality and temperature. This sensor is the one which transmits to your instrument cluster how many miles are left to the next oil change.

You can have it change during your next LOF so you do not have to waste the new oil in the pan since it was just changed
Roman, Technician
Experience: over 20 years vw audi and porsche technical repair
Customer: replied 12 months ago.

I had to leave my car at the same garage last night because the headlights and hazard lights would NOT TURN OFF. They could not turn them off and I suggested "disconnect the battery" . They tried a couple of fuses but had no success. I called them 5 minutes ago to tell them not to do a diagnostic yet - but they already began. This morning the lights WILL NOT GO ON!!! EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS, ENGINE ETC. BUT NO LIGHTS!!! What could they have done to the car to make this happen or WHAT CAN I DO NOW! HELP PLEASE! SUSAN

Expert:  Roman replied 12 months ago.
They will need to check the logged faults with a compliant scan tool. I will suggest that you bring you vehicle to an Audi technician, it does not have to be a dealer but preferably one with Audi experience.

It sounds like this mechanic is not specialized in your product.
You can take the car at anytime. Dont feel threatened by them telling you that they can hold your car, If you tell them not to perform the work they must listen.

Your car should not be held hostage