Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Audi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.

Audi Q7 Premium: Need your opinion on a 2007 Audi Q7shifting

Need your opinion on a 2007 Audi Q7shifting hard in 4H and 5H. Fluid was about 3/4 of liter low. Performed shifting programming, throttle body and adaptation drive (38 09-02). Did not change at all. Shifting from 1H to 2H then 3H is good. Will the valve body be the actual cause or are there any other common failures in the 09D transmission
Hi,my name is XXXXX XXXXX I will assist you with your question.
The issue that you are describing is the valve body these transmissions are known for this failure. The valve body replacement will solve the issue that you are having with the transmission. The pressure is not holding in the valve body which results in your symptoms.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have read the instruction on how to replace and it looks very easy but is there any difficulty to the replacement? The electrical connectors, are they very fragile?

The valve body is straight forward and easy to do. You are correct the only thing to watch out for is the connectors,just take your time with them because they will break. Other than that it is a easy job.