Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Audi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.

Audi A4 Quattro: Hi I have a Audi a4 2.5 Quattro sport and

Hi I have a Audi a4 2.5 Quattro sport and the abs cable has been cut on the drivers side rear wheel, I have used 2 connects but the abs light still comes on on the dashboard, do you think the whole sencor will need replacing now?

Hello, welcome. My name isXXXXX will do my very best to
assist you with your question.

Has the system been reset after the harness replacement?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

well the wheel bearing has been changed but the abs sensor had ceased so the cable was cut but has bin repaired but now the light comes on on the dashboard, if you think resetting would work how would u do thatk?

Since the cable has been repaired the issue is fixed but the light will not go off until the system has been reset.The system is reset using a dealer scan tool or equivalent such as a snap on with the proper program.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

so would i have to go to the main dealer

then and get that done

Yes or a independent shop with the right scan tool,they will charge you 1 hour labor.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

if there is a problem with the sensor will the light stay on after it has been reset

No the light would still go off but it would return after a short driving distance.