AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Audi Allroad Quattro: Hi, my 02 Audi Allroad rear suspension

Hi, my 02 Audi Allroad rear suspension is completely raised up. I have been having problems with the suspension raising up completely and not lowering. I replaced the compressor about 6 months ago and the dashboard suspension controller.. When I start the car, the warning light blinks on and off for several seconds and then stays on - steady light. What else can I check to solve this problem?
Hello, I'm Jason.
I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

I would first need to know what you mean by dashboard control unit. The suspension control unit is in the rear cargo area, on the left side.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Jason, I am referring to the unit on the dash that controls the ride height and the ESP.

Oh, that's just the switch. Got it. Been working on Allroads since they were new, and have never had to replace one of those, except for when the writing wears off, so for cosmetic reasons.

Now, related to the actual ride height problem, a vag-com or scan using another Audi specific scan tool, to check address 34 for faults, is absolutely necessary. Those fault codes will help narrow down and pinpoint the issue. I could throw out a lot of maybes here, since I do work on a LOT of these, including my own, but I don't want you to shotgun parts at this, as that can be expensive. The one last visual item you can check is to make sure the rods from the suspension level sensors at all 4 corners are not broken.

Beyond this, a scan is necessary

I'll show you examples of these rods.

Blue in this pic (front suspension). Similar setup in the rear.