Roman
Roman, Technician
Experience:  over 20 years vw audi and porsche technical repair
35071616

Audi A4: I had a failed compressor on a 2003 A4 (1.8 t) and

I had a failed compressor on a 2003 A4 (1.8 t) and no oil was left in the compressor when I removed it. I found a completely blocked orifice tube. I'd like to know how much oil to put into the system and where to put it...also my mx book said to add it to the accumulator? Help. I have a set of manifold gauges and a vacuum pump ready to go.
Hello ,
Here to answer automotive questions and make you feel comfortable and become familiar with your product
Do you have an evac machine? The machine can be used to inject the correct amount of oil while charging the system or else you'll have a very difficult time adding oil and getting the air to blow cold
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I do have a vac machine. The Denso compressor says it is shipped with rerig lube in it...do I drain it to measure it?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The Denso compressor says it has oil in it when shipped

It does. Every new compressor comes with oil.
No, just install the compressor and use the machine to vacuum the system then charge it. You dint have to add any oil. Doing so may overload the system. The compressor will have the proper amount for the complete system.
You only will lose a very small amount that will not make any difference.

Install, vacuum and charge the correct amt. Of freon. Will say in grams on the sticker.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Ok...that sounds great. Just one more question. Do I need to add a small amount of oil to any hoses, condenser or the new accumulator?

No, you don't need to add any oil. Just try not to spill the oil from the new condenser.