Roman, Technician
Experience:  over 20 years vw audi and porsche technical repair

Audi A4: I have a 2007 Audi A4 2.0 T. I am experiencing at

I have a 2007 Audi A4 2.0 T. I am experiencing at idle only a very high pitched whine that only seems to occur when the car gets hot. We are in Dallas texas and ever since the summer temps came on I have had this noise. I am thinking the belt tensioner but thought I would check. No change with a/c on or off. Car runs fine.....

Roman : Hello ,Here to answer automotive questions and make you feel comfortable and become familiar with your product
Roman : You can remove the Acessory belt if you think that a pully is making the noise. And start the engine. If the noise is still there then it is coimng from somewhere else.
Roman : At least this will eliminate the sound coming from the pulleys.

ok, does the belt tensioner only support the a/c, alt etc

nevermind, understand remove it. This should not affect the timing correct?

Roman : It's a serpentine belt and runs all of the accessories. Make sure to draw a picture of the layout before removing the belt do you know how to reinstall.

got cha, thank you. I assume if noise quits bearing in one of the pulleys could be issue. I have no charging issue as I tested this and the a/c does not affect the noise either way.

Yes at least you can eliminate the pulleys, there are several. If the noise goes away you will have to visually inspect each pally a lot of times the tensioner fails

Let me know What you find.