Roman
Roman, Technician
Experience:  over 20 years vw audi and porsche technical repair
35071616

Audi A4: I have a 2006 AUDI A4 2.0 Turbo. It had a recall for

Customer Question

I have a 2006 AUDI A4 2.0 Turbo. It had a recall for the coil packs they replaced all four prior to having them replaced by the dealership I never had a problem after replacement one coil would go bad about every 6 days until I decided to change them all. I would get a check enging light and a code which told me which one to change. The vehicle started mising at acceleration no code or light would come on. Shortly replaced all the coils again and plugs just to be sure I thought I had it but I still get the missing under acceleration and no engine light. Call me puzzeled.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Roman replied 1 year ago.

Hello ,
Here to answer automotive questions and make you feel comfortable and become familiar with your product.

How many miles are on this car?

Since you have had a misfire for some time now it is possible for carbon to build up in the cylinder. This may or maynot log a fault. If you havep0300 along with 301,302,303,304 and there is not any thig else wrong like vacuum leaks or faulty mas air flow cylinder i will recommend doing a combustion chamber service to clean the injectors and the cylinder of carbon.

Let me know what you find.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The vehicle has 85K miles on it. Not sure what the numbers are unless you are talking about fault codes. I not received any codes from the vehicle not even a check engine light. I check the codes when the misfire is pretty obvious but nothing comes up.

Expert:  Roman replied 1 year ago.
I am referring to misfire faults p0300 states multiple cylinder misfire and the other number i mention refer to individual cylinders. If you do not have faults then do the combustion chamber service. That should clear up any misfire due to carbon in the cylinder.
Expert:  Roman replied 1 year ago.

hi, why would you think that my suggestion is worth poor service without ever trying it first? Do you have any idea of what the problem can be? If you have not had a fuel injection service ever done in the past I will recommed that you perform this and get back to me with the results.

Thank you, XXXXX XXXXX work together until the problem is resolved. And you are not charged until you rate positive.