GermanDreams, SHOP OWNER
Experience:  German Auto shop owner mechanic and enthusiast.

Audi A6: i just bought an 2004 audi a-6 3.0 and im having

Customer Question

i just bought an 2004 audi a-6 3.0 and i'm having trouble with it cold starting. it is very hard to start. when the car is warm it starts just fine. I checked the spark plugs and they where great.
Category: Audi
Expert:  GermanDreams replied 3 years ago.

GermanDreams : Hi I'm here to help
GermanDreams : Do you have a check engine light on? And do you have access to a scanner. The most common cause of hard starting in these cars with no drivability issues would be the coolant temp sensor. The factory ones were notorious for going out and can easily be confirmed by looking at the live data and seeing the temp when the car is old. If the temp is not reasonable ie -50 degrees the Sensor is bad and the vehicle will not fuel right causing the hard start condition.
GermanDreams : Please confirm any codes stored in the computer