Billy
Billy, Trainer/ Master Technician
Experience:  Trainer 8+ years, master tech. 10+ years, SAE member
30385560

Audi A8 Quattro L: Hi, I just purchased a 2004 Audi A8.

I just purchased a 2004 Audi A8. When I test drove the car everything seemed fine and the only dashboard light that was on was the yellow tire pressure light, which I was told is due to the sensor.

Now the "Air Bag" light is on and I can't figure out how to set the time and date on the front near the odometer. I also can't figure out how to change the language to English on the front near the odometer.

Also, there is a peeping sound when the car is put in drive. It goes away after a minute or two of driving but it's very annoying. I'm assuming it's because of the "Air Bag" or "Tire" light being on.

Any advice to help me solve these issues would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Billy :

Hello and Welcome! I'm Billy and i will assist you with your inquiry. Feel free to ask if any further info is needed.

Billy :

I presume the tire pressures were checked, and inflated to specs. If not, please proceed with this first.

Billy :

As for the airbag light being on, it means that fault codes are stored in the SRS (airbag) control module, and that the airbags are not operational now. First check under the front seats for any loose connectors, make sure you clip them tightly into place. And if the airbag problem persists, you need to have the vehicle scanned (using a scan tool), to retrieve the fault codes stored in the SRS module, and the fault codes should indicate the faulty component/circuit.

Billy :

You can get back to me with the fault codes, and i will explain these, tell you what and how to check accordingly.

Billy :

As for the language and clock issues, i would go to: XXXXX XXXXX they have a live chat feature, where you can get info (free) on the operation of these components. While at it, i would request an owner's manual, as this will come handy for similar purposes in the future.

Billy :

Thank you for your trust! Get back to me if you need more info...Thank you in advance for the positive rating...
http://www.justanswer.com/car/expert-billy/

Customer:

Hi Billy,

Billy :

Hello!

Customer:

Thanks for the advice! I will do as you said and get back to you in a few days.

Customer:

Thanks again!

Billy :

You're most welcome!

Billy :

Of course, get back to me with your results, or if further assistance is needed.

Billy :

Regards, Billy

Hello Adi!

Hope all is well...

Just checking if your dashboard issues were sorted. Get back to me whenever you need additional assistance or technical details.

Regards,
Billy