Roman, Technician
Experience:  over 20 years vw audi and porsche technical repair

Audi A8 Quattro L: Hello? I recently purchased a 2008 audi

I recently purchased a 2008 audi a8l. I have now noticed that the air conditioner does not blow consistently cold air. And the blower does not seem very strong for such a large car. In fact if I'm at a stop light it blow hot.. And is intermittent when I'm driving.. Cold to hot. I also noticed that when the air is on for the seats it never feels cool.. Do you know what may be the problem?
Hello ,
Here to answer automotive questions and make you feel comfortable and become familiar with your product
If at times the air goes from hot to cold the system may be low on freon. Have you had the freon level check lately?

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I have not checked the Freon.. I did not know that in newer vehicles it can run low or out.. Is this common with Audi?
new or old vehicles makes no difference. The freon in the system runs low and the first thing to check in the system is the level. Just like the oil in the engine or transmission. It gets used up or leaks out and must be maintained like any other system.

I will suggest that you have the computer scanned for any relevant fault codes to make sure that there is not any electrical problem and then have the pressurized system tested to see if the recommended level of freon is in the system. There may be a leak or it can be low.

There are several checks that will need to be performed on the ac system to test it's integrity.

Let me know wht you find, however it does sound like the freon is low.