Ask Don 'Mo Lurch' Your Own Que...

Don 'Mo Lurch'
Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience:  Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
1609972

Audi A4 Cabriolet: I need to replace my amp in my 2003 audi

I need to replace my amp in my 2003 audi a4. I've got the replacement amp, but can't figure out how to remove the trunk liner to get at the amp. How do I do that?
Category: Audi
Expert:  Don 'Mo Lurch' replied 1 year ago.

Audi shows diagrams "overview" of the Trunk, will that help

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Where do I get at the diagrams? Unless they give a set of steps, like which parts in which order do I remove, I suspect the diagrams will be of limited use.

Audi is not the best on Service Manual

see if this helps

.

AMP REMOVAL:
.

graphic

.

RIGHT PANEL:

.

graphic

.

REAR PANEL:

.

graphic

.

.
If you need more help, please use the reply tab to continue our conversation.
.
If you do not require further assistance, kindly rate my service.
.

Don 'Mo Lurch', Mechanic
Experience: Heavy Line Mech-, Mobile Electronics. Sales, Installation & Repair for 30 years. R/S, etc.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

So it looks like I'd need to remove the rear panel, then the right panel and then the amp. Where does the liner come into this, because I don't see either of the panels when I look at the inside of my trunk. I assume that the liner needs to come off first. That's the basic question I was asking, how do I get it off?

.

sorry..........are you stating that there is NO Trim Cover pieces as shown?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

There are none visible that match the diagrams. Everything is covered in a felt-like, one piece liner. If you look at the right panel diagram it shows an edge that should allow you to pull it out like a door from the back, leaving the 2 tabs more or less in place until you get it out far enough to remove it. However, when I look at the right side of my trunk, there is no seam in the liner where there should be one as shown in the diagram. That says to me that the liner covers the panel.

like this:

.

graphic

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Pretty close, the spare cover is different and there isn't a cover over the convertible top platform. The plastic covering where the trunk latches is the same and I can't see the liner next to it which is where there is no seam.

the "liner" does not separate from the side panels, as it is the side panels.
These Panels fit tight & look like a molded piece
Remove the floor cover, then remove the rear panel where the latch is.
Then you should be able to see where the Right Panel comes loose, to get to the AMP

.

I believe there is a screw in the upper corner also

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That looks like it could be it. The plastic part that covers the latch in the very back bottom of the trunk would be hiding the seam. So how do I get that rear plastic part off?

as posted above (REAR PANEL), this should remove the rear panel over the latch:

.

graphic

.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Right, but that panel has a plastic cover ( the black looking thing in the photo of the trunk) that I can't figure out how to remove. The cover wraps over the top of the panel and has the trunk latch in it.

thanks,

Check to see if there is 2 small covers on left & right of the latch.
If they pry off, there should be 2 -10mm bolts securing the latch.
remove the bolts & the latch, IF it holds the upper trim piece down

otherwise

That upper trim piece should pry off

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

That's what I thought. I think I can take it from here. Thanks for the help.

.THANK YOU

.
.
.