AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Good morning!, I have an 2004 Audi A8L, in which I do not have

Good morning!, I have an 2004 Audi A8L, in which I do not have an owner's manual for, but today as I drove from the drive way, a loud indicator sound came about followed by three(3) indicator signs: 1. ABS 2. A sign with a triangle & exclamation point enclosed with by a circle (Electronic Stabilization Program (ESP)), and 3. A "P" in a circle with a line through it, and outside of it were lightening strikes (Dynamic Headlight Dimmer Control Not Functioning)!! What does this all mean?, because I also hear a clacking noise in the rear as if something snapped off and is dragging, yet when I looked under the vehicle, I see nothing!! HELP!!!, What do i do?

AudiDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

AudiDoc :

Ok, so my first suspicion here is that there is likely one single failed part that is causing all of these issues

AudiDoc :

And it's likely caused by a broken level sensor arm. This is pretty common, but the car will have to be raised up to see it

AudiDoc :

in addition, if this IS the issue, once replaced, an Audi specific scan tool will be needed to clear the faults out of all of the computer modules

AudiDoc :

I'll hold live chat open for a bit longer to see if you can join

Customer:

Is this something where I need to have the vehicle towed in or can I drive it in?, The nearest dealer is 20 miles away!!

AudiDoc :

You should be able to drive it no problem

Customer:

Ok, thank you!

AudiDoc :

glad to help