Rip
Rip, Lead Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician, L1 Adv Level, Ca Smog License
1100518

To AudiDoc : I have Audi A6 2003 2.7 Quatro.My all 4 door

Customer Question

To AudiDoc : I have Audi A6 2003 2.7 Quatro. My all 4 door lock and window does not work. I know the computer underneth of driver seat is off because of rain water went in and make it soak and wet. How do I get the parts number and what is the name of that computer. One of the Repair shop show me the problem. but he don't want to give me the parts number.

Submitted: 1 year ago via Mitchell1DIY.
Category: Audi
Expert:  Rip replied 1 year ago.

Rip :

Hi, welcome to JA. The only computer under the driver seat is the power seat memory module, the part number is XXXXX It's around $595. I'm skeptical it is your problem, it's possible it shorted a fuse or circuit with the water intrusion, which may have affected the power window circuit. In any case if it has gotten water in it, it is most likely faulty. Do the power seats work? I'm posting an illustration of how it looks.

Rip, Lead Technician
Experience: ASE Certified Master Technician, L1 Adv Level, Ca Smog License
Expert:  Rip replied 1 year ago.

It's number one in the illustration above.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Hi Mr. Rip.

Thank you so much for your answer but I am not able to see the view Full

Image. Also if you can Tell me what it the name of that Computer? Also I

am in NJ is there any used Audi Parts Place where I can Order for this Part if you can give me Name & Phone Number. I know one in NY name isXXXXX WEST SHOKAN, NY 12494 Also If you can answer me step-by-step how to do it by my self because I saw another expert gave answer like step-by-step walk-through. I will be appreciated your reply.

Mahendra

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Relist: Answer came too late.
Expert:  Rip replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so the name of the module is "Power Seat Module," or "Memory Seat Module." The part number is XXXXX best method to locate one. I'm not familiar with any wrecking yards in your area, but I often find these on eBay. Here is a link to one. http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-Allroad-LH-seat-module-2002-4b0959760b-/330898707011?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4d0b199243&vxp=mtr

Also, here is the link to the illustration you can't see from my earlier post.

http://autopartmaster.com/en/?action=catalog_show&cat=audi&t_id=84464&added_=AUDI%20Audi%20A6/S6/Avant%20quattro%202005

Give me about 10 minutes or so to try and post the removal and installation procedure.

Expert:  Rip replied 1 year ago.

Here are excerpts from the manual, the front seat is removed, ism posting in sections.

Front Seat Rail Front-cover (Power Seat With Memory), Removing And

Installing

graphic

1-Front trim cap

Removing

• Pull front seat rail front-cover - 1 - upward slightly so that retaining tabs - 3 - can be released from mount - 4 -.
  • Pivot top of front seat rail front-cover - 1 - forward and release retaining tab - 2 - at the bottom.

Installing

• Engage retaining tab - 2 - on front seat rail front-cover - 1 - at mount - 5 -.
  • Guide retaining tabs - 3 - in front seat rail front-cover - 1 - onto mounts - 4 - and snap into position by knocking lightly.
2-Retaining tab
3-Retaining tabs (2x)
4-Mounts (2x)
5-

Mount

Expert:  Rip replied 1 year ago.

Front Seat Rail Rear-cover (Inboard Side), Removing And Installing

graphic

1-Front seat rail rear-cover (inboard side)

Removing

• Insert a finger under inboard-side cover - 1 -, - arrow A -, and press retaining tab - 2 - in direction of - arrow B -.
  • Press inboard-side cover - 1 - downward and at the same time pull it out toward the rear.

Installing

• Locate inboard-side cover - 1 -, press it against the carpet and at the same time push it forward so that retaining tabs - 2 - and - 3 - engage on mounts - 6 - and - 7 -.

2-Retaining tab
3-Retaining tab
4-Guide
5-Metal tab
6-Mount
7-Mount
Expert:  Rip replied 1 year ago.

Front Seat Rail Rear-cover (Outboard Side), Removing And Installing

graphic

1-Front seat rail rear cover (outboard side)

Removing

• Insert a finger under outboard-side cover - 1 -, - arrow A -, and press retaining tab - 2 - in direction of -arrow B -.
  • At the same time, firmly pull outboard-side cover - 1 - out toward the rear.

Installing

• Install outboard-side cover - 1 - so that guide - 3 - goes under metal tab - 6 - and retaining tab - 2 - is above seat rail - 5 -.
  • Press outboard-side cover - 1 - against carpet, and at the same time push it forward so that retaining tab - 2 - snaps into mount - 4 -.
  • 2-Retaining tab
    3-Guide
    4-Mount
    5-Seat rail
    6-Metal tab
    Expert:  Rip replied 1 year ago.

Seat, Removing And Installing

graphic

NOTE:

• The removal and installation procedures may have to be modified slightly depending on variations in equipment.
    • On vehicles with power seat with memory, run the seat all the way to the rear and to the top height setting before disconnecting battery.
    • Obtain radio code before disconnecting battery.

See Caution before beginning repairs on electrical system

CAUTION: Disconnect battery Ground (GND) strap before removing seat.

Removing

• Push seat forward.
    • Remove on front seat rail rear-cover (outboard side)
  • Remove front seat rail rear-cover (inboard side)
  • Push back seat.
  • Remove cover - 1 -
  • Remove cover - 1 - (power seat with memory)
  • Remove bolts - 2 - (2x) and unclip seat at clip - 3 -.
  • Connect VAS 5094 airbag adapter
  • On vehicles with heated seat, disconnect connector.
  • Fold back floor covering at rear around guide rail.
  • Push seat backward out of guide
  • 1-Cover
    2-Bolts
    • Tightening torque: 23 Nm (17 ft lb)
    • Self-locking
    • Always replace
    • Threaded holes for bolts must always be cleaned (e.g. with a thread tap)
    3-Clip
    4-Rear rollers
    5-Front slides
    • Lubricate front slides - 5 - with multipurpose grease if seat does not slide back and forward smoothly.
    Expert:  Rip replied 1 year ago.

Control Module For Power Seat With Memory, Removing And Installing

NOTE: The control module for power seat memory is under the driver's seat.

graphic

• Remove seat.
  • Remove inner side panel of seat.
  • Disconnect connectors - 4 - and - 5 -.
  • Remove screw - 2 -. Tightening torque 1.5 Nm (13.5 in.lb)
  • Press clip - 3 - in direction of arrow using a screwdriver.
  • Remove control module for power seat memory - 1 -.
  • Expert:  Rip replied 1 year ago.

Ok, so that's it. The manual is divided in sections, so the first posts are on removing the plastic trim covers at the ends of the seat rails. The next is how to access and remove the seat hold down bolts at each corner. And the last is accessing and removing the control module. I havent checked, but usually Youtube has some good videos on removing seats, if not for your model, just viewing videos for other Audi's can be useful.

Thanks! Please leave a positive rating :)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did not finished yet.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I did not finished yet.I want to know that Is there another module which

cover radio, power window and door locks.? also previously mechanic

installed the transmission computer on the passengerside but I think

he don't understand how to reset the radio code etc.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
    Relist: Answer came too late.
    Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I am waiting for my question reply.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

can i chat with you because you did not replied my answer.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
    Relist: Answer came too late.
    Expert:  Roman replied 1 year ago.

Hello ,
    Here to answer automotive questions and make you feel comfortable and become familiar with your product.

there is not a memory seat module under the drivers seat. It is called a comfort control module and you will have to remove the side trim and partially lift up the carpet reach under and pull out the plastic box that it is sealed in. You do not have to remove the seat just move it all the way back. You will have to get the part number off the side of the module. Since it is being taken out it is the best way to check the part number on the module itself