AudiDoc
AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
14582033

Audi A4 Quattro: 2005 aud1 A4 Quattro . I was getting the codes

2005 aud1 A4 Quattro . I was getting the codes p0420, p0299, I know these are for the CAT and low turbo boost. Timing belt needed replaced it. If I'm a tooth off it's my fault because I am An ASE master tech. I had a wreck 3 years and cannot do much work at a time since I am now disabled. Just work on family stuff. Anyway after changing timing belt still getting same 2 codes plus p0011, which I do believe it will set that code a tooth off. Any advise you could give me to maybe cut down on some time, and trouble shooting that I don't need to waste time performing. Thank You, Troy
Category: Audi
Expert:  AudiDoc replied 1 year ago.

AudiDoc :

Hello, I'm Jason. I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.

AudiDoc :

the 0011 is definitely a physical timing (cam to crank correlation) code, unfortunately

AudiDoc :

which means that it's time to line things back up again.

AudiDoc :

and as a bonus answer, install a spacer between the rear o2 sensor and the cat, and the 420 code will likely go away

Customer:

How thick of a spacer ? What is your opinion about the low turbo boost. Turbo Vac. hose. It just don't have the power it should. Yhank you , Troy

AudiDoc :

One moment....incoming phone call

AudiDoc :

now, the low boost code. I'd check a few things first. Vacuum integrity of the turbo diverter valve to start with. Then a boost leak pressure test

Customer:

Also shouldn't I get A CMP sensor code also. Is there anything I didn't get plugged up good or left unplugged to get this code. Also would you have a VAC. diagram

AudiDoc :

Sorry...had a customer show up just now

AudiDoc :

Unfortunately, the only diagrams that are vacuum related at all, are of the secondary air system, which is pretty simple

AudiDoc :

Often, you'll see a cam sensor code like P034x, if the timing chain has been messed with incorrectly

Customer:

Yeah, OK. Now that 17 year girls car, has actually set long enough to get warm enough to check it. Is this nthe only time

Customer:

,

AudiDoc :

not sure the question here. Sorry

Customer:

I hit a wrong button. Is there anyway I can get back to you after I check a few things

AudiDoc :

sure, I'll have to convert this to email format though. You'll get a link in your email to respond

AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience: I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop
Expert:  AudiDoc replied 1 year ago.
Our chat has ended, but you can still continue to ask me questions here until you are satisfied with your answer. Come back to this page to view our conversation and any other new information.

What happens now?

If you haven’t already done so, please rate your answer above. Or, you can reply to me using the box below.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I didn't know how to ask another question. I am having a/c problems. It's my daughters 2005 a4 1.8l quattro. The low side static pressure is about 125# roughly same on high side. My daughter said before it started blowing hot air it would quit until she restarted the car. This went on for a few weeks before it finally quit. I have not located the hi/lo pressure switch yet. Any info would be of great help. Thank you, Troy