Bryan, Technician
Experience:  Four years experience diagnosing and repairing Audi vehicles

Audi Allroad: My 2001 Audi Allroad was flooded last week and

My 2001 Audi Allroad was flooded last week and battery drained (headlights came on spontaneously). Drivers side rear and front floor under 6 inch water for a week while I was on vacation. In engine compartment the drain from the trough containing battery, computer and cabin air filter was blocked. I unblocked drain of leaves, dried out the computer in the trough, emptied water from the inside of car, removed driver seat, dried out carpet (5 days with fan and dehumidifier) dried out computer under driver side footwell. I have put all back and after jump start and resets the car is driving and most seems OK. Two problems remain. First the remote control keys do not work (although central locking does) and the air bag light is on. I have tried to reset the keys ( I did this previously when changing batteries) but no joy. Any suggestions?

My name isXXXXX will be glad to assist you today in answering your questions.

The locks working is good, but the central locking module was damaged from the flood, if the keys wont reprogram module is bad. Air bag module should be under the center console that was also damaged I would check for a used one for you vehicle just make sure the part numbers match exactly.

Best regards,

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The central locking mechanism still works when using the drivers door switch however not when using the remote on the keys. Where is the module/console located that you propose may be damaged? Thanks

Its under the drivers seat