eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase mechanic
6149662

Audi A4 Avant: I have a 2009 Audi A4 Avant and up to 50K miles

I have a 2009 Audi A4 Avant and up to 50K miles the dealer did all the maintenance. I just went over that mileage and took the car to a tire dealership to rotate the tires and change the oil. They could not reinsert the oil plug bolt, showed it to me and it was striped, as was the top of the inner thread. They ordered a new oil pan, installed it, and changed the oil as originally planned. When I picked the car up, they told me the old oil plug bolt looked like an oversize one; didn't look like the one that came with the new oil pan. My hypothesis is that the dealer caused the problem, didn't tell me, and now I'm out $800 for the new oil pan and labor. I would be interested in your thoughts, thanks.
Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. did you save the old parts? Likley the last place stripped it out and bought a over size self threading plug...I would take the old oil pan and plug to the last place that serviced it with the bill and have a little discussion

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Thanks for your answer; yes, I have the old parts and will have a discussion with the dealer (who had last serviced the car). Thank you again.

best of luck...