eauto
eauto, The Car Guy
Experience:  ase mechanic
6149662

Audi Quatro TT Roadster

What can you tell me about the "recall" on the timing belt for a 2001 Audi Roadster. My car has approx. 62,000 and this is the first I have heard about this recall. Do I need to call a dealer?  There isn't one close by.  Approx what will this replacement cost me?  I don't drive the car much.  Cheers, Mary

Hi . Thank you for asking your question on JustAnswer. there was no recall for the timing belt...where did you get this info? just lookesd at all the recall for your car timing belt is not in the list...there was a ignition coil recall

Thank you again for trusting us with your problem. John aka eauto
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OK let me reword my question. Do you know anything about a timing belt class action suit involving this year or make of car? What do you suggest? Should I just take it in to have the timing belt replaced with 62,000 miles on it? I hear that if it goes it can do some major damage to my car engine, I don't want this to happen.

don't wait ...its a interference motor ...if the belt brakes internal engine damage will occur.. I have heard nothing of this class action suite...Usually the lawyers are the ones that make out...