AudiDoc, Independent Audi Shop Owner
Experience:  I've been working on Audis since I was 18 and own an independent Audi repair and performance shop

Audi A6 Quattro: I have a 01 A6 2.7t it seems to be leaking

I have a 01 A6 2.7t it seems to be leaking coolant while driving because it doesnt leave a puddle when its parked at 1 time it had a leak in the hose running from the coolant tank and a and the coolant tank was also leaking and so we replaced both and it stopped that problem but now its slowly leaking from an unknown spot

AudiDoc : Hello, I'm Jason.I will do my best to answer your question quickly and accurately using the information you have provided.
AudiDoc : I'd really need to know if it's showing traces of leaking from the front of the engine or rear of the engine
AudiDoc : There are a few typical leak areas on these
Customer: it was prior to the replacement of the coolant tank but after the replacement it shows no signs of leaking so i asume it leaks while driving
AudiDoc : Ok, understood, but has the lower engine splash shield been removed, and if so, are there traces of coolant from the front or rear of the engine
Customer: now that im looking it looks as if it could be some leaking from the rear
AudiDoc : Ok, two common areas if it's leaking more towards the rear....
AudiDoc : 1) coolant temperature sensor, which is fit into the crossover pipe between the cylinder heads, towards the passenger side2) secondary water pump, which lives under your intake manifold. You can shine a light in there, just to the driver's side of the throttle body, right at the valley between the heads, and see if you see coolant pooled there
AudiDoc : #2 is the most common
Customer: understood will do but i was wondering if my failing left turbo could be a problem also because as i understand it over heats and could it be unsing up more coolant as a result ?
AudiDoc : Even if the turbo has completely failed, it would cause oil consumption, but not coolant consumption
AudiDoc : Coolant goes through a water jacket in the turbo, rather than a cartridge bearing, as oil goes through
Customer: ok thank you great help
AudiDoc : Glad to do it, and please let me know if I can help with future questions on this car
AudiDoc : I have a couple of 2.7T cars and work on about 100
Customer: will do