FIXITMAN
FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience:  ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL
1627031

Audi A4 Quattro: Audi A4 2013 Have 3,500km on A4 and have

Audi A4 2013
Have 3,500km on A4 and have been experiencing "notch" steering mostly at low speeds. Most prevalent when starting off in the morning, goes away if I turn engine on and off.
Any thoughts or solutions??
Category: Audi
Expert:  FIXITMAN replied 1 year ago.

FIXITMAN :

Hello, and thank you for allowing me the opportunity to help you. If I am not online when you are, please allow me time to return. Can you give me a little more of a description of the problem and if there are any noises associated with it?

Customer:

no noises; feels very tight and stiff with steering in 12 o'clock position but a slight turn either left or right makes it feel very loose. Like it is going from a peak to a valley. Makes it hard to keep the car going straight.

FIXITMAN :

Does it do this at high and low speeds?

Customer:

mostly at lower speeds, 40 to 60 kilometres per hour. It will sometimes go away if I stop the car and turn off the ignition and then re-start.

FIXITMAN :

Thank you. There are some issues with the dynamic steering system on this and the 2012 models. If there was a problem within the system you should get the steering wheel warning light on the dash. If that light is not coming on then the computer should be reprogrammed. It is possible that the parameters in the programming are not correct and will just need to be readjusted. Also be sure to check the tire pressure. I know that this may sound strange but the tire pressure can make this steering system act strange at different times.

FIXITMAN, Master Technician
Experience: ASE MASTER CERTIFICATION, AA DEGREE AUTOMOTIVE/DIESEL