Matt, Engineer
Experience:  Mechanical Engineer with 20 years experience in the auto industry, 8 yrs in formula 1 engine testing

audi 100cs quatro sedan: I put a new water pump in I marked

I put a new water pump in I marked all sprockets I believe timing is right will not start seems like no spark. Any ideas

I'd suggest doing a compression test on all cylinders as they should all be within 10-15 psi of each other as this will show if the base engine is healthy and if the cam timing is correct
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

While I was waiting I took it all apart and redid all my work. Runs fine now. This was a used car from a friend found out he had dealer change timing belt a couple of years ago. The light went on!! The car was running flat and poor fuel mileage I did a little research on the alldata site (looked close at pictures) and figured the dealer was not completely correct. Now the thing runs much better alot more power.Thanks for responding anyway.

Hello Tom

thanks for letting me know
Bear in mind that the site takes a deposit from you at the beginning and this is held by the site until you rate my answer at which point the cash is split between the site and the expert. so if my answers have been helpful please rate my answer.
If you don't rate then you can use the cash at a later date to ask another question.