Wolfgang, Audi master tech
Experience:  Senior Audi Master Tech 15 yrs

Audi A6: 1998 Audi A6 - the battery had to be recharged. Shortly

1998 Audi A6 - the battery had to be recharged. Shortly after, the transmission started to slip and make noise. Is this possibly related to having to recharge the battery?

Eurocar Inc : Hello there! I'm Eurocar ! I will try to assist you as much as I can. Quality research = Quality answer!!
Eurocar Inc : Due to car sitting long periods of time that is more worse than normal driving everyday
Eurocar Inc : Sounds like something internal has let loose
Eurocar Inc : if you have any more questions please do not hesitate to ask

The vehicle was only driven a few feet by a valet. How can charging the battery impact the transmission, if at all possible? That is my question.. Please elaborate more.

Eurocar Inc : I would have to say no due to the fact that battery is an electrical issue and the trans is a mechanical/hydraulic issue.
Eurocar Inc : Please do not rate yet till the conversation is over. I do help other people at the same time and I do know you would like to know what action to do next. I'm also helping others too
Eurocar Inc : There are electrical components in the transmission but the way you
Eurocar Inc : have described the issue it sounds more mechanical than electrical with the transmission
Eurocar Inc : Anything else?

That is what I needed to verify. Thanks!