Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Audi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.

Audi A4 Quattro: Hi I have a 1999 Audi a4 quattro 2.8L with

Hi I have a 1999 Audi a4 quattro 2.8L with 100,000 miles and a lot of regular maintenance work done. Serpentine belt/tensioners and timing belt/tensioners and more. I have a squeak squeak squeak noise coming from the front of the motor. It only happens when the motor is cold, after about 5 minutes it goes away(guessing from warming up) I have a video clip I could send you if you have a mobile number so you can hear it. Started about 5 days ago. The squeak sounds like a bearing or belt but I'm reading it could be a host of issues. It hasn't had the power steering pump or alternator repaired, I was thinking those are contenders. Thanks for the help

Hello, welcome to Just Answer/Pearl. My name isXXXXX will
do my very best to assist you with your question today.

Just answer will not allow us to give out our phone number or personal email but from the sound that you are hearing and the way it happens this is consistent with a worn internal alternator bearing this is pretty common.Before replacing the alternator here is what I would suggest,stop by a auto zone or most parts store and pick up a automotive stethoscope cost about $15.00 Place the stethoscope on the alternator with the engine running not on the pulley of course but on the body of the alternator and listen for the noise.When the noise is heard the alternator would need to be replaced,if the noise is not heard use the same stethoscope for the power steering etc.