Mike Kelly
Mike Kelly, Audi Mechanic
Experience:  17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.
19374685

when the car cold give to much problem to start i have to give

when the car cold give to much problem to start i have to give 7 or 8 cranks before it start and when it does seems to be waek like is going to shut off again but when is its get warm or hot then start with no problems
Category: Audi
Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Hello, welcome to Just Answer/Pearl. My name isXXXXX will
do my very best to assist you with your question today.

What is the make and model of the vehicle?

Also is the check engine light coming on?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

yes the check engine is on but is being time before this start it to happen

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.
Ok since the engine light was already on before this issue,that means when a new code is stored you never know it because the light is already on.What is the make and model of your vehicle?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

audi a6 Quattro 2.8

Expert:  Mike Kelly replied 1 year ago.

Ok the issue that you are describing is a failing crankshaft position sensor.

• The crankshaft position sensor identifies position of the crankshaft to the ignition control module (ICM), engine control module (ECM) or power train control module (PCM)
  • When not replaced, vehicle could experience no- or hard start, long crank time, misfire, lack of power, excessive hydrocarbons in oil, spark plug fouling, catalytic converter failure, poor fuel economy, CEL/MIL illumination or intermittent shutdown.
  •  

The vehicle needs to be scanned for trouble codes.

Mike Kelly, Audi Mechanic
    Experience: 17 years experience as a auto mechanic, foreign and domestic.5 years running my own repair business.